Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Sean

Actually, he turned 14 yesterday and I would have posted then, but this weekend was the busiest we've had in a while, part of that due to his birthday. His party was on Friday night, celebrated with his best buds, and consisted of a giant slip-n-slide down the slope in our backyard (they really go fast with baby shampoo!) and a night out on the town. They stayed up all night playing flashlight tag (we're talkin 3:00 in the morning!) I think they passed out around 6:00 am. So, his actual birthday was spend resting up. Later that night, Dad was playing w/ Paul Bogart at Puckett's, so the whole family celebrated there, too. Barbecue and pecan pie for a birthday meal is better than I could do at home!

So, how do I begin to explain the complexities of this incredible young man? He's funny, easy-going, kind-hearted, creative, sure of himself, athletic, musically gifted...a joy to be around, even as a teenager. The best part is seeing his faith in God grow as he grows. We look at each other on a new level, literally - he's as tall as I am! It just happened overnight!

He'll probably never read this, but I hope he knows how proud he makes me. It's been a delight and blessing to see him mature from the little boy that he was into the young man that I see now. I look forward to looking up to him. Happy 14th, Sean!

1 comment:

Nanette R. said...

Nicely said. I'm enjoying watching him grow up before my eyes, too, along with his buddies!