Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Going Home

I was away during Thanksgiving so I missed being able to blog all that I am thankful for. Thankfully, I can do that every day! And, being away, visiting with family, definitely made me more grateful and aware of the blessings that abound in my life.

I always love going "home". I love the familiar smell of my mom's house, playing the annual Scrabble game with my brother(who rarely ever loses), visiting the local Zesto(it's a burger drive-in place that has the best ice cream cones that all the locals call "a custard"), riding through the park to see the light display and just having down time to sit and talk about the cousin of my former Sunday School teacher who married so and so once removed... There's nothing quite like it- it's so simple- and that's just how it's supposed to be. And, I'm thankful for that.

How fitting that Advent should fall just after Thanksgiving. I'm ready to rejoice in the true reason for this season - and every day of the year. Somehow, going home helped me realize that.

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

I'm glad you had a good trip to Louisiana. I have a Christmas wish: let's have a game night and play some "tiles" with my mom!

robin said...

oh, i'd love to do that. let's pick a date.