Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Little More Like Christmas

What a great weekend. We finally got our tree up -which was pretty painless this year. The lights cooperated, no ornaments were broken. I got lots of shopping done, Alyssa has the cards under control, and to round out the weekend... a beautiful time of worship at church with Christmas carols and time to just sit in awe of God and His incredible plan. At one point, during one of my favorite carols, I looked around and saw the familiar faces of church family and just had an ahhhh moment. I'm striving to find the balance of focusing on the simple joy and beauty of this season and taking care of the not so simple tasks that go along with it. God is so good to provide just what we need at just the right time. And, thank you, God, that's all year long.

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

I'm glad that you had a good weekend and that you're being able to keep your focus on the simple things this Christmas. :-)

JAY S. said...

Testify sister! I felt that the Christmas season was “officially upon us” during the service Sunday night. It was so great.