Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Dare You NOT to Try These

I was having a chocolate attack yesterday and needed a quick fix. I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com and it really, I mean really, did the trick. And, so easy! These are dense, chewy brownies that just melt in your mouth. Go ahead, you know you want some. Let me know what you think.

Best Darn Brownies
2 sticks butter
4T good cocoa powder
2 c white sugar
4 eggs
1 c all purpose flour
2 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter in heavy pot on stove.
Add the cocoa and stir until smooth - just a minute or two.
Take off heat and beat in rest of ingredients.
(I beat the eggs separately and gradually added small amounts so as not to scramble them in the hot cocoa.)
Pour into an 8x8 inch square pan.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the old toothpick in the center comes out clean!
YUM!

8 comments:

Lorie said...

This looks very similar to the recipe Geoff found one time when HE was having a chocolate attack. You're right, they were very good. Hum, wonder if I can get him to make some now.

Christi said...

Looks like we will have brownies tonight!!!!!
:)

robin said...

Ah, alas, I need to make more! They went pretty fast - straight to my hips! Enjoy.

Kristi said...

I am not a brownie lover (I've only found ONE fellow brownie non-lover) but I flipped for the straight box brownies from Trader Joe's. They are worth the caloric load. I threw in pecans, just to send the load into the stratosphere, and loved them even more. sigh. Straight to the hips.

Nanette R. said...

I'm with Kristi on not being a brownie lover (although I like a good one now and then). I want my cooking friends to cook something for me! Just kidding! :-)

robin said...

So, that means you two are taking the dare. Sorry, but there is no prize awarded for that. The prize is enjoying the best, melt in your mouth brownie ever.:) Nanette, I have a recipe for the best APPLE brownies ever, too... you'd like those!

KT said...

I will get to this soon...

JAY S. said...

2 sticks of butter will make anything taste amazing. You cannot go wrong when your first ingredient is that!